Wednesday 11 February 2009

For the Queen!

In my previous blog you may remember me telling you about the 13 American students we have with us at the moment and how I taught them a thing or two about drinking! Well, to add more detail at Laura’s leaving party the students started a beer bong contest which was ongoing throughout the party. I was invited to join in and was told CCF’s reputation was on my shoulders; I of course performed admirably and downed the beer in seconds and then later a Hunters Gold Cider. Travis (see pic below) failed to down a beer and I was then called upon by the cocky Americans to do the Queen proud, I of course took up the challenge only to find myself faced with downing a generous portion of Gin! The Americans must have thought I would submit but filled with bulldog spirit and a cry of ‘For the Queen!’ I downed the gin and ended the contest!!

Two days later myself and Kate took some of the students feeding with us with most of them preferring to stand in the back. Not learning their lesson they encouraged me to try and get them wet (the roads were filled with rather large puddles), with Travis unwisely asking me to ‘Bring it on’; which I certainly did with the end result being some very wet but happy Americans!!

PS – Yes mum I know you probably aren’t that impressed with this story but don’t worry I wasn’t sick at the party and didn’t embarrass myself that much!

No comments: