Tuesday 3 February 2009

Aphodius sphacelatus



The recent rains here have stimulated a sudden increase in the number of creepy crawlies flying about, some are pretty cool such as the preying mantis but there is one bug, a member of the dung beetle family (Aphodius sphacelatus) that is the biggest argument for atheism yet, because there is no way a merciful god would create such an horrendously annoying abomination of nature!!!

Why are they so bad I hear you ask? Well, they are small enough to slip through the tiniest of holes and can get through the fly screens on our windows. So when the sunsets and you turn a light on you are immediatly surrounded by THOUSANDS of the horrible lil buggers!!!!!!!! You can't watch TV, you can't turn a light on to read a book and most depressingly you can't make a cup of tea!!!!!

I HATE THEM, I HATE THEM, I HATE THEM!!!!!!!!!




2 comments:

Heather said...

all I can say is Ewwww, and glad your there dealing with those critters instead of me! Blah!

Anonymous said...

awesome blog, do you have twitter or facebook? i will bookmark this page thanks. lina holzbauer