Saturday 10 September 2011

Our New Home


Since my holiday in the UK in April I've pretty much been living out of a suitcase and Kate and I have had 7 different rooms/tents to call home since then. This is because we have been waiting for our luxury safari tent to arrive and for the water pipes to our showers and toilet to be completed. But alas it is done and we have made the move finally into what will be our home for the next few years.

We are very happy with the tent to say the least, the back section designed to hold the shower has become our walk in wardrobe and the front room is very spacious. We don't have proper drawers or cupboards yet but it is so nice to finally have ONE place to store our stuff. I even found a place to hang my dartboard! :)
 We've also begun exploring our new back yard, looking for carnivore marking trees and other suitable places to put our camera traps. Several times we've stood looking at views like the one below and smile to ourselves: 'This is our job!'
We have also just said goodbye to our very first volunteer Barbara from Germany, if all of our volunteers could be like her we would be very happy indeed. She was great to have around especially on the tracking safaris with German guests who couldn't speak any English! She also took amazing photos of the guest farm and cats for the new website I'm working on. We were very sad to say goodbye after only 10 days :(
  
The cheetahs are still doing well and the tourists are still loving the tracking safaris. One thing that IS changing is the weather, it is getting HOT!
A short blog this time but my next one will be a lot longer and very different to what I usually write about....curious? Then keep checking in on the African Adventure! :)  

3 comments:

Barbara said...

Hi Matt, I miss you both loads - and Butch (of course). It was indeed a stunning time, and I will be definitely back for more cheetah adventures. Take care and a big hug to you both from NamibRand!

Matt Cleverley said...

Thanks Barbara! We miss you too :( Hope you are enjoying NamibRand and hope to see again some time soon!

Barbara said...

I loved NamibRand, as always. Had a great time with Peter, Franzi & Stu who was around almost every day and took me out one day on leopard tracking. Good times. Now I'm home and still am trying to sort out why ... ;-)